Updated: 1st January 2019
Prior to booking, please ensure you have read, understood, and accepted our General Terms for Probate Services and any other applicable Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are designed to ensure there is no confusion about what our service includes and excludes. If you are unclear about any element, please contact us for clarification on 01883 348 957.
Terms and Conditions can only be changed with the agreement of both the client and Cullens Clearances Limited (reg no. 08114693) and must be agreed at time of booking.
On confirmation of the booking the following conditions apply:
- All probate services provided by Cullens are provided via Cullens Clearances Limited, a registered company in England and Wales, registration number 08114693. VAT registration number 161320550.
- Where we have not conducted a physical inspection of the property prior to conducting any of our probate services, our estimate is not fixed and will be subject to change if service required has been under-estimated or miss-described by the client. Discretion is at the will of Cullens Clearances Limited.
- For probate valuations, any additional time required is chargeable over the allocated time.
- For probate valuations, we only conduct chattel valuations and not property valuations.
- For probate valuations, digital reports are included in the fee advertised and hardcopy reports incur additional fees.
- Any parking/vehicle charges/fines, including but not limited to Congestion Charge, will be the responsibility of the client unless unreasonably incurred.
- The client is responsible for advising us if there are any known circumstances which may hinder our team during the probate service or in any other way adversely affect the timely completion of the work.
- Please advise us at the time of estimate, quotation, and booking if there are any obstacles or restrictions that could hinder our team prior to, during, or after the probate service inside or outside the property.
- Any claims for damages or losses should be communicated to Cullens Clearances Limited as soon as possible.
- Any issues with the service provides should be communicated to Cullens Clearances Limited as soon as possible.
- Any cancellation of a job less than 48 hours before the probate service will incur a cancellation penalty of 50% of the fee quoted.
- Cullens Clearances Limited request a £60.00 deposit on confirmation of works by debit card.
- Probate Clearance: All invoices must be settled on the day of completion of your clearance unless you have an account or have agreed alternative payment conditions in advance. Interest may, at Cullens Clearances Limited’s discretion, become payable at LIBOR + 5% p.a., on monies outstanding in this way.
- Probate Valuation and Probate Services: All invoices must be settled within 28 days of the completion of your probate service unless you have an account or have agreed alternative payment conditions in advance, of which all invoices must be settled within 6 months. Interest will, at Cullens Clearances Limited’s discretion, become payable at LIBOR plus 5% p.a. on monies outstanding in this way.
- Please ensure the property is cleared of all personal possessions and valuables prior to the commencement of the probate. Please also ensure that during the probate that no personal possessions and valuables are left unattended in the property. If this is not possible, please ensure that personal possessions and valuables which are left in the property have been securely locked away or are supervised at all times by a trusted person. Our teams are trusted and vetted, however, Cullens does not take responsibility for lost or stolen personal possessions or valuables, prior, during, or after a probate.
- In the rare case of any abuse, threat, harassment, or intimidation to any member of our team, or any workers working on behalf of Cullens Clearances Limited, we will seek full legal recourse.
Payment of a deposit is taken as confirmation of these Terms and Conditions and all Terms and Conditions applicable to the service being provided.
This contract is subject to the Law and Jurisdiction of England and Wales.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a Consumer.